Monday, April 23, 2012

Cheeseburger Plants

You might remember me mentioning in a previous post about how on Calen's birthday we acquired a packet of radish seeds from the McDonald's counter (ummm...random? But hey - free shit. I'm all about free shit, whether it's useful or not). 

So we planted them in a pot, not really expecting them to grow, but you know making it an educational moment (or some such nonsense). And you know, any excuse to screw around in the dirt.

Or if it's going to grow, it's going to grow cheeseburgers. What the hell else would grow from a seed packet in McDonald's?

Actually, that would be pretty freaking awesome if I had a cheeseburger plant in my back yard. Now all I'd need is a fries bush and a milkshake tree, and I'm in fat city (literally). 

So today my mom and I go out to plant vegetable seeds that I actually expect to grow (I'm pretty sure that seeds from Lowe's have a higher success rate of growing than McDonald's. Call me crazy). I peek over at our pathetic little pot to see how our failing radish experiment was dying doing.

OHMYGOD, is that...a SPROUT?

No, it can't be. It must be a weed. Definitely a weed.

But then I looked closer, and it's a sprout! A real sprout! You mean to tell me something from a McDonald's in South Jersey can actually grow into something green? 

I'm still halfway in denial. 

Now the question is, is it a radish sprout, or a cheeseburger sprout? I'm pretty excited to find out. 

(I'm banking on cheeseburger sprouts). 

The beginning of my cheeseburger garden
 

No comments:

Post a Comment