Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Fair Winds and Following Seas

Coast Guard wives tend to stick pretty close together. Especially in this neighborhood (military housing) where we are ALL Coast Guard wives.

I've spent the last nearly two years making friends. I think I've done a good job collecting a nice cash of friends (some better than others). 

But there is a small group of us that do pretty much everything together. Playdates, zoo, minor holidays, some major holidays even. We all have kids exactly the same age. And they all get along famously. And the nice thing about living here is being able to text one (or all) and say "hey, meet at the playground in 10 minutes?" And that's actually a realistic suggestion.

Me and my CG girls! From left: Lauren (and baby Weston), me and Kerry. Lauren moved today, Kerry moves in June. (and I'm stuck HERE!!)

The fine print with such great friends is that we all came here at different times. Which means we all transfer at different times to different states. 


I know I talked about goodbyes before. But today was the real goodbye to Calen's best Cape May friend Mason (they had to come back for their truck and trailer). 


So we all got together one last time for pizza, an impromptu Easter egg hunt in the front yard, and some final goodbyes. 


I'm keeping it short tonight. Mostly because I'm pissed that the military is taking one of my good friends away. And because I'm pretty sad that they're gone for good now.


Fair Winds and Following Seas to the Davis family! Good luck in North Carolina!

Can't wait to see you when you visit in May! 

Calen says goodbye (one last time) to his favorite friend Mason
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment