Monday, April 30, 2012

Playgrounds and Photo Challenges

This morning we took the kids to meet with some friends at the playground. Which actually involves Calen running around playing and me spending the whole time fish hooking Camden in attempts to pull playground tire mulch out of his mouth. 

This time started out pretty much the same, but then I got caught up talking to the other moms, when suddenly it dawned on me. 

Where's Camden?

I turned around and there he is, climbing UP the slide. Alone. Without assistance. I watched amused for a moment waiting for him to lose his grip and slide all the way down on his belly. 


Orangutan reincarnate


I waited, and waited. And suddenly, he was on the top.

Beginner's luck. He'll never be able to do that twice.

I climbed up the slide to grab him. 

And slipped and slide down. 

Really? I just got one-upped by a ONE year old??

I finally got him and slid him down the slide, which really pissed him off that I had removed him from his victorious summit. He started climbing up again, and we all watched in amazement as he did it again!! And over, and over, and over. 

heading up for maybe the 7th time


The kid really is a monkey. I think he got switched in the hospital with a stray orangutan. 


In other news, I came across a blogger's photo challenge for this week and decided to enter. The subject is "Happiness." This photo is from last week when we went to the beach, but I think I have a good entry. What do you think? 

UPDATE: We didn't place, but we got a runner up "Judge's Favorite" and a fancy button to show off. Yay for my kid's cheesy grin!


"Happiness"

 
The Paper Mama Photo Challenge
The Paper Mama Photo Challenge

2 comments:

  1. Perfect picture for the entry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I frickin' love your happiness photo, he's so cheeky x x

    ReplyDelete