Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mason Returns Part 2

Today was another FULL day. I like full days. Until the end of the day when I'm tired by 9pm and ready to rip my bra off and get in my pajamas and veg in front of Netflix. 

Good Lord am I 85 years old or what? 

The boys slept in (slightly) after stay up forever last night. Sleeping in is getting up at 7:30. As expected they were pretty much basket-cases tired and cranky all day. 

Mason is still in town for his birthday party today, so we spent the majority of the afternoon at the little rented-out pavillion in the back of the base for Mason's party. It's nice to have a big building, yard and playground all to ourselves, especially on a 75 degree sunny day (and the gentle sounds of recruits being beat in the background).


Happy 3rd birthday Mason!


It was a monster truck party (sound familiar?) so we made sure to have the appropriate gift (a monster truck track and extra trucks) which I never showed Calen so he wouldn't ask to open it. True parenthood. The kids got temporary tattoos and decorated their own little "license plates", but mostly spent their time playing on the playground and eating constantly. Even though EVERYONE was exhausted, it was a good time. 

Who needs party favors when you have a cooler full of ice cubes?


We had an after party at our house afterwards in the back yard, just like yesterday. I set up the Slip n Slide just in time for the sun to go behind the trees (thus is being in the shade and too cold for the kids -- hey I tried). Tonight though we forced the kids to go to bed by 8:30 (still 2 hours later than usual). 

My bruiser showing off his jolly rogers tattoo.

Mason is heading home tomorrow morning, so our visits with him are over (for this trip). 


Which might be a good thing since my kids haven't gotten like no sleep since his arrival Friday night and are WORN.OUT. 

Calen and Mason showing me their muscles and their tats


 

No comments:

Post a Comment