Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Summer Lovin'

Okay so it's not really summer yet. But usually once Memorial Day weekend is over I consider it "summer". And it was like 85 degrees today and that just doesn't really say "spring" to me. 
 
I was kidnapped today by my good friend to go to our local burrito surf shop. (how's that for a combination). Basically, it's a hole in the wall with maybe five(?) tables, surf boards all over the walls and ceiling, beachy bongo music playing and maybe six things on the menu. But they're all delicious oversized (overpriced) burritos. 

You can't go wrong with southwest/islander style burritos.
I had a BLT style burrito. Bacon, lettuce, homemade salsa, beans, sour cream, corn, and curry sauce. Weighing in at like 15 pounds. How can you go wrong.

We had planned on going to the beach afterwards. But the boys are still really sick. Cam slept 16 hours last night, woke up at 10am but was still in desperate need of a nap at noon (and he slept 2.5 hours after that!!). So we decided to just play in my front yard with the pool and the slip n slide. 

Those kids played for FOUR hours outside in the hot sun. Whenever they'd start to get bored, I'd squirt more dish soap in the pool to make bubbles. Or squirt it on the slip n slide to make them REALLY go fast. 

Even Cam played in the pool today

I also find it amazing how something as simple as juice boxes can make little kids so happy. I bring out a cooler filled with Hugs and Capri Suns (aka - sugar water in fun containers/pouches with bright colors) and the kids' eyes light up like I'm Santa Claus with a giant Hefty bag of new toys over my shoulder. They never get special treats like that, so they drink them so fast I'm not sure they can even taste them. 


"Can I have another?"


Sure, what do I care. It's summer. Drink the whole cooler. 

Friends and popsicles.

Once they went home and we all went inside it was dinner time. 

And you know what the best part about a humongous holiday barbecue is?

All the leftovers you get to eat the day after.

Dinner is ready and I didn't even have to cook! Burgers, hot dogs, potato salad, chips and rice and enough of it to feed 85 people all on the top rack of my refrigerator.

Hmmm, do I have a hamburger, or a hot dog for dinner? Hey, how about BOTH. Let's indulge. 


DINNER.

No comments:

Post a Comment