Monday, February 6, 2023

Day 33: You're What the French Call: Les Incompetents

 It's Sunday, and you know what that means! It's Sunday family fun day!

The weather, as predicted yesterday, came in hard and fast and it was wet and cold and gross. So instead of only doing a board game night, we added in a Draw and Disney. 

The theme of the week is France! Mostly because I wanted to watch Ratatouille. So first, we drew Remy! Thank you, YouTube, for having every step by step drawing imaginable. 



Then, Calen and I made homemade ratatouille. This is a brand new recipe for us, as I've never even eaten ratatouille, let alone make it. I don't even know what to do with eggplant, so it was all a new adventure. Calen sliced all the vegetables and layered it himself. 





As part of our Sunday game nights, everything we serve is on a snack tray. I guess today is the day to use the word Charcuterie board, since it's all French today. I was quite delighted with myself to fit the ratatouille on the board (raised, resting on another upside down bowl), along with other French appetizers, like bread, grapes, apricots, and cheese. Guyere cheese, brie, and colby jack (for the kids), rolled ham, and olives. 



The game of choice tonight was Pandemic, which I purchased almost as a joke in 2020 when covid hit. But it's a really fun cooperative game, which we've played maybe 3-4 times and have never beaten, the epidemic always wiping us out. This time, however, after 2.5 grueling, Monopoly-esque hours, we irradicated the diseases and beat that sucker, yes we did!



After that marathon, we scooped up some well deserved ice cream and watched Ratatouille, of course!

It's still my favorite day of the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment