Thursday, February 2, 2023

Day 26: My Spinach Puffs!


 Today is Sunday, and that means it's Family Game Night! This is quickly becoming my favorite day of the week. 

Since we watched Emporer's New Groove yesterday, I really, really, wanted to make spinach puffs. Mostly so that when the oven timer goes off, I can shout: "My spinach puffs!!" and be completely relevant. 

But I digress. 

Today's dinner snack board (or charcuterie if you're really famous and know how to pronounce it) was pizza based! Mostly because I knew the kids would NOT be interested in spinach puffs. So I made pizza bites, because duh, and added slices of pepperoni, pineapple, and tomatoes to the tray. Then I took a can of rolled pizza dough that I didn't know what to do with, sliced it up and made breadsticks with pizza sauce and ranch. It didn't look like enough, because these boys eat a lot, so I added an entire pizza, cutting it into small squares. 


Today's board game was Jumanji! We've never played it before, and they had watched the movie earlier today for the first time. After watching the movie the boys announced "We don't want to play the game!" But of course we had to. The game is short and easy to learn and was a lot of fun. 




We had one more recipe to do on Calen's Raddish Kids subscription this month, and Camden wanted to take the reigns because it's dessert! He made homemade ice cream cookie cups and hardening chocolate sauce, so that we could have a proper Sundae Sunday.




I really do love this day of the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment