Thursday, February 23, 2023

Day 47: Dragons Love Gumbo

 Well the good news is that the boys survived their campout. 

I mean, this is their 183rd campout, so of course they did. But they came home well rested and not in the least bit grumpy, which is a change.

I'm going to say it's because they agreed to actually pack extra layers and warm socks, for once. 

It pays to listen to your mother. 

The boys for the most part were off the hook today. A campout means that you get to come home, unpack, do laundry, shower, and be left alone to play video games for the rest of the day.

Hard work means high rewards, after all. 

I did tell Calen he was required to cook dinner tonight, because I had the recipe and ingredients ready. His Raddish Kids cooking box this month was Mardi Gras/New Orleans, and we had gumbo on the menu!

We don't even know what we're in for.


The boys don't appreciate shrimp, so we just added extra sausage. What I DIDN'T notice was that upon emptying a can of stewed tomatoes with chilis, I had no idea that it was a "Extra Hot, now with habeneros" can. 

I didn't even know they made that. 

It's like Dragons With Tacos, all over my gumbo. 

The meal was hot. We all tried to pretend we could handle it, but we couldn't. We added sour cream, cheese, and extra rice. 

It. Was. So. Hot. 




I'm going to write the 3rd installment of Dragons love Tacos. And call it: Dragons Love Gumbo. 

Gosh. 

Luckily we had leftover spaghetti in the fridge and ate that instead. 

We might never recover. 


No comments:

Post a Comment