Sunday, February 19, 2023

Day 44: Rufiooooooo

 You've officially hit the age of "old" when you don't understand how your kids are dressing, and they think your music is "retro."

Example A: Calen's wardrobe. 

Let's break this down. He's wearing blue jeans, Pizza Planet socks, a video game sweatshirt (Sora from Kingdom Hearts), a bandana around his neck, a bandana around his head, aviators, and his signature fingerless gloves.

Also, the hair.

It's like Rambo met Rufio. 

He did NOT appreciate me bursting into song with "I WEAR MY SUNGLASSES AT NIGHT." (Mom!!!) "SO I CAN...SO I CAN!!" 

Sorry kid, I gotta get you while I can. 

Later today, I heard him announce to his echo dot: "Alexa! Play '80s and '90s rock!"

In which a playlist of Queen, Nirvana, Guns and Roses, 311, Maroon 5, Sound Garden, and Foo Fighters (to name a few) came on. 

Of course secretly I'm like "YES", because this is my jam! But I can't sing along or even show that I like it because that's the fastest way for a teenager to decide that they dislike something (I mean we can't have parents approval, can we?)


Rufi-ooooooooo!


No comments:

Post a Comment