Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Day 40: Family Game Night

 It's the best day of the week!

Which is funny, because some days I'm like ugh, game night, I just want to sit on the couch and be a slob!

But it's one of those things where you are happy to be doing it once you are actually doing it, you know. 

The boys begged, begged, for a breakfast snack tray for tonight's game night dinner. 

Disclaimer: I strongly dislike breakfast for dinner. It's easy, and like the idea of it, but it does nothing to satisfy me. But okay fine, let's do it. It brings them joy. 

I'm also pretty convinced their main argument for wanting a breakfast tray was because Pop-Tarts were involved. 

I mean, that's a valid argument. 

So Brad made his famous pancakes (of the blueberry variety), I made sausage and scrambled eggs, and we added sliced bananas, Trix cereal for some color, and the coveted Pop-Tarts.



Brad really wanted to play Jenga, which kind of makes me laugh because for a family game night, Jenga lasts like, five minutes. But I wanted to appease him too, so we played Tower of Terror Jenga (which has some bricks with fun rules like: "each player has ten seconds to remove a brick and place it on top"), and did maybe three rounds of it. 



After that it was still only like 5:30pm, so we pulled out a family favorite, Uno, and played three rounds of that too. 

And of course it was Disney parks edition, because almost all of our classic games are the Disney version. 



We still had time to kill, so we made popcorn and watched The Lego Movie, which is also a family favorite. 

I'm finding myself spending my entire week planning family game night, so I guess that's a good thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment