Thursday, February 16, 2023

Day 42: Puppy Love

 Valentine's Day really isn't that big of a deal around here. 

I mean, sure, it's cute and mushy mushy and whatever. But my kids aren't into the pink and red crafts anymore, and Brad and I just honestly don't care about Valentine's Day. Not enough to make it a big red letter day or anything. 

So to speak. 

But, I like any good reason to celebrate or do something special. So I dug through my "box of fun" hidden in the closet (full of random little things I might find on sale, Lego figures, sets, etc), and pulled out a Lego mystery figure for each kid, a Disney "Doorable" figure (Remy for Calen, Eve for Cam), and a Disney pin that I had bought this past trip and completely forgot to give to the kids. 

It's the thought that counts, right?





For breakfast, I made Death Star waffles (with red food coloring) and sprinkles to make it special. 


I mean, every holiday deserves Death Star waffles to celebrate with. 

This evening, we made spaghetti and meatballs and watched Lady and the Tramp, a Valentine's Day tradition in this house. 





And then we went to hockey practice, because sports stops for nothing. 

Not super exciting, but still fun in it's own right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment