Thursday, February 23, 2023

Day 46: The Marathon

 Saturdays are crazy.

I wonder what it's like to have a lazy Saturday like other families have without 482 activities. 

I guess I'll find out someday. 

Camden had two back to back hockey games this morning. I'm not complaining, I love watching this kid play. Cam and I had to go by ourselves, though, because Brad and Calen had to pack up and prepare for the Boy Scout campout that starts immediately (and I mean, immediately) following the hockey games. 

Because of course it does. 

Camden rocked his games, of which I'd expect nothing less. Being bumped down to the B team has been a difficult transition for him, as he's used to playing at a higher level, but his confidence is growing as a leader, and he's putting WAY more effort in to prove to everyone that they were wrong in dropping him. 

Maybe that's the whole point of it, then. 




After the games, Camden had to undress as quickly as he possibly could, drive home two of his teammates, and get ready for his campout. 

But not before a drive through lunch, of course!

A coming of age moment, here. Cam finally relinquished his love for cheeseburger Happy Meals and agreed to a Mcdouble cheeseburger off the dollar menu. 

He. Loved. It. He said it was the best thing he's ever eaten. 

Welcome to young adulthood, Cam. 




I dropped him off at Camp Mueller, where Calen, Brad and the other scouts already were setting up. Then I went home and had the entire house to myself, which equates to me sitting on Netflix trying to figure out what to do with myself. 




It's weird not being busy. 

Even if it's only for 24 hours. 


No comments:

Post a Comment