Sunday, July 8, 2012

Happy Celebration of Me Day

So it's my birthday today. Happy Celebration of ME! Because I know you are all celebrating it today. 

The one thing I wanted to do today was go to the beach. It's hot (but not as hot as yesterday - which is a good thing), it's sunny, it's Brad's day off and it's my birthday which equals to BEACH.DAY.NOW.

My beach bum ready to swim!
We got to the beach around noon. Usually, Brad and I tag-team the kids. One of us stays in the sand or right on the waterline with the boys, while the other gets to have some grown up time in the water - whether it be swimming, boogie boarding, whatever. Then after a while we swap. But today I took full advantage of it being my birthday by spending the majority of the four hours we were there in the water and abandoning leaving the kids with Daddy. 


Even Cam liked the water today
Actually, that's not all true. I did take Calen far out in the ocean (neck deep for me) to swim in the gentler water past the breaking waves with his Puddle Jumper swimmer vest thingy. Which he TOTALLY loved and is REALLY gaining confidence with his deep water issue. He even let me let go of him a few times and he just swam around freely WITHOUT whining or freaking out. Big steps.

But truly, most of the time, it was just me (and sometimes my neighbor friend), and the ocean. Perfect birthday present.

Fun in the sand




 

No comments:

Post a Comment