Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Saving Iron Man

It hit 100 freaking degrees today so I took the opportunity by pulling out one of my "busy activities" I had been saving for a super hot day. 

Maybe a week ago I kidnapped Calen's small Iron Man action figure. I tossed him (him? it?) in a large tupperware full of water and threw it in the freezer and forgot about it. Now we have Iron Man trapped in a giant block of ice. 

How will we EVER save him?

I took Calen outside, emptied the ice cube onto the deck, and gave him a hammer. Yeah. I gave a three year old a hammer and told him to have at it. I don't who was more shocked. Calen for what I had just told him or me for just saying it. 

He hammered away at it for a good while (and I helped some to speed up the process) and slowly Iron Man was freed from his icy prison. Calen thought it was pretty exciting. The dogs thought it was awesome because we were chiseling away a constant supply of snacks for them. 

Another good Pinterest find. I'm so in love with that website. I feel like I'm having an Internet affair with it. Except my husband knows about it. Hmmm. Awkward. 


hard at work. The determination on his face is priceless. (also note the flying ice in the air)





 

No comments:

Post a Comment