Sunday, July 22, 2012

There's a What In Our Yard?

First of all we spent another day at the beach blah blah blah our life is so unfortunate blah blah blah. 

Actually it was a pretty funny day at the beach because for the first time I actually had to yell at Calen for being too far out in the water and to come closer to shore, as opposed to the usual me trying to coax him to wade up to his ankles. Now he's throwing himself in the ocean head first and laughing as the waves carry him back to shore. Completely different kid from like two weeks ago I swear. Maybe someone came into his bedroom and swapped kids in the middle of the night, I'm not sure. But I'll keep this one. No exchanges or returns. 

Swimming in the waves by himself. Definitely not the same Calen as last week
It was also ONLY like 78 degrees and Brad and I were complaining that it was too cold to be swimming in the water today. Someone terrible has happened and we are officially accustomed to East Coast summers and if it drops below 80 degrees we get whiny. Oh the horror. How will we ever survive a chilly 78 degree day at the beach. 

We totally left early too because we were too cold. Pussies. 

Camden says sand is delicious.
So then Brad and I are inside cleaning the house and getting ready for dinner with some friends and I look out our kitchen window and I'm like "Ummm, so there's a horse in our front yard?"

"WHAT did you just say?"

"There's a HORSE in our front yard. I swear to God!"

And there totally was. A horse. In our front yard. On purpose, because there was a person holding the reins and all the neighbors were out front checking it out. But it was still a horse. In my front yard. 

So I run to the back yard and yank Calen out of the sandbox exclaiming "Calen! A horse! In our front yard! Come see it!" I was pretty excited I'll admit it. It isn't every day a horse is in your front yard. And I was smart enough to snatch the camera before running out the door. 

Calen got to pet it and feed it a strawberry and then he got to ride it around the block (with owner's help, of course). Super awesome and totally made his afternoon. 

I however was completely unaware that there was an enormous SMUDGE on my camera lens so the picture didn't turn out too well. Oh well. It proves it happens, right?

Calen randomly gets to ride a horse in the front yard.


     

No comments:

Post a Comment