Monday, July 16, 2012

Psuedo-Crunchy

Okay I'll be the first to admit it. I quietly giggle when listening to crunchy moms. You know who I'm talking about. Cloth diapering, breastfeeding Nazis.


Oh my LORD I just opened up a can of worms didn't I. DISCLAIMER: I don't HATE crunchy moms. I actually really admire those that have the patience/money/energy to do everything el-naturale. But what I DON'T appreciate are holier than thou ones that think that I'm an asshole and a detriment to society because I use Huggies and don't feel like having my boobs chewed off. There. Hope that clears it up. 

I entertained the idea of cloth diapering Camden for about half a second and then laughed it off. I'm a born and bred 21st century American! I'm too lazy to clean cloth diapers and I don't think twice about polluting the crap out of the planet (literally). I thoroughly enjoy throwing away nasty explosive diarrhea diapers and never seeing them again. No amount of planet saving medals could change my mind about scrubbing one of those bad boys out. Yikes. 


But then, certain little things started happening. Specifically in regards to disposable swim diapers. 


Camden poops. A LOT. The kid I swear poops 250 times a day. And he waits for fresh diapers in which to poop in. After all, kid needs a fresh canvas to paint his masterpiece on. And, we live on the beach. Which means we go through a lot of swim diapers. Swim diapers are super expensive - I might as well just wrap his ass up in dollar bills each time. So a friend and I got to talking about cloth swim diapers. I kind of chuckled about it but was secretly a little excited about the idea of not having to buy Little Swimmers anymore. 


So I did some research on Amazon. Still kind of playing it of as just being morbidly curious. Until I saw the cute little prints and colors they come in. 


Oh my God, it's the most adorable thing I've ever seen! It's like, baby butt art. That doubles as a waterproof poop catcher. I need this. Now. 

Butt art
So I bought one. ONE. ONE reusable swim diaper costs the same as an entire pack of disposable ones. And how is this supposed to save me money? I suppose the idea is that in the long run I won't have to buy any more packs of disposable ones and it will save me money at some point blah blah blah. Right now all I care about is that my baby's butt is super stylish and adorable.

The idea is that they go under their swimsuit. But I TOTALLY pulled a crunchy mom move today and had Cam roam around on the sidewalk in front of our house today wearing nothing but his fab diaper to show it off how stylish my kid is. 

Then I revisited the idea of reusable regular diapers for about five minutes on Amazon and then laughed it off again. Forget that nonsense. This is where it ends. One reusable swim diaper. That.is.it. That's as crunchy as I get.


God I need to like, not recycle for a week to make up for that one. 






 



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment