Thursday, February 7, 2013

Camden and the Fruit Snack Saga

Camden likes fruit snacks. Almost as much as his brother. 

What in the hell do they put in fruit snacks anyways? Caffeine? Crack? Some other unlabeled addictive substance? My kids seem to go through spastic withdrawals if they haven't had a package of fruit snacks in a 24 hour period. 

100% fruit juice indeed. I'm convinced there's crack in there somewhere. 

Anyways. 

This morning I went into the pantry and realized that the (extremely large Costco sized) fruit snacks box was empty, so I pulled out the box and threw it by the back door to be thrown out whenever I stopped being lazy and threw some shoes on happened to be going outside to take out the trash. It never occurred to me that an empty box of fruit snacks on the floor is the equivalent of a huge billboard of something delicious and addictive for the kids (luckily, Calen was at school)

I forgot about the box and was sitting on the couch when I heard Cam at the back door going "Yeah!!!" And suddenly here he came with the big empty box in his hands, which he purposefully plopped on the couch at his eye level. Then he bent down slightly, his face maybe an inch away from the side of the box and the beautiful colorful pictures of delicious fruit snacks all over it, and proceeded to woo it softly saying "Yeah!!! Mmmmmm!!! Please? Yum yum yum!" and waiting patiently for fruit snacks to pop out. 

But they didn't. 

So then he tipped the box over and stuffed his entire arm inside, feeling around going "Mmmmmmm!!!!" but once he discovered it was empty, tossed it off the couch, stomped on it with his shoes, and then sat on it, crushing it. And then fake-cried at me. 

Typical Camden rage. 

Fruit snack withdrawal wrath

rage.
I got him a package of fruit snacks poured it into a bowl for him. He ate them happily, but alas, they ran out. He then went into the kitchen, snatched up the empty fruit snack package, and came back to the living room and attempted to shake the package above his bowl, watching to see if any fruit snacks would come out (which they didn't of course). Then he ceremoniously chucked both the bowl and the fruit snack package into my lap. 

YOU solve this issue Mom. I'm over it. 

And yes, he got another package of fruit snacks. 

Crack I tell you!

       

No comments:

Post a Comment