Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Eye Candy

I got a new toy today. 

It's sad when you get to an age where "toy" means something disturbingly expensive and out of budget that you want but don't really need. It could be a tv. Or accessories to your Kitchen Aid. Or a new tablet/phone/laptop/random techno-awesome device. 

My new toy is a camera lens, which catapults me into a whole new level of nerd. But that's okay and I'll accept it if it means I get to take beautiful bright sharp pictures in my dark living room. 

I didn't have more than ten minutes to screw around with it today, but I did get to feel it out briefly. It impresses me how bright the photos are even though the room has so little natural light (and the shutter speed is still fairly fast). I also like how high the aperture is (blah blah camera lingo shit blah blah basically means how one little thing can be in focus and everything else is blurred out blah blah). 

Here's some test shots from the few moments I played with it today. Can't wait to take this bad boy outside. 

  


No comments:

Post a Comment