Thursday, February 28, 2013

Milestones

Calen filled up his Good Job Jar for the second time today and we celebrated by having Happy Meals at McDonald's for dinner.

Is there any kid on this planet that doesn't like Happy Meals? Seriously....

(though mine is one of the few that chooses cheeseburgers over McNuggets. That kid and his cheeseburgers.)

I like the age when the kids don't eat enough to have to buy them actual meals at restaurants. At Red Robin, the boys (at Cam's age and younger) would just have some of our french fries and lemon slices (baby Calen was weird). At McDonald's, a side of fries or apple slices. That was good enough to satisfy them. And it was nice on our wallet too. 

Camden just hit the milestone of where we have to buy him his own meal. That kid can out-eat Calen on some days. So today, we bought Camden his first restaurant meal. Which was fittingly a Happy Meal. And he ate the entire thing except maybe 1/3rd of his cheeseburger (kid likes cheeseburgers too). AND stole some of my Arby's curly fries (hey, if you're going to feed your kids shit, you might as well eat shit too. And Arby's is a block away from McDonald's. God Bless America). 



Also, I'm excited to show this totally awesome thing that came in the mail today!

I went to my friend April's house quite a while ago and saw the coolest thing ever in her house, a neat wooden sign board with "Home is Where the Coast Guard Sends Us" on top and then several boards hung below with the duty stations they've lived at throughout their career. And when I saw it I said I want one and went onto Etsy and found this website where I special ordered one for Brad for Valentine's Day. 

It showed up today and exceeded my expectations. The wood is wonderfully hand painted and distressed by a US Navy wife (and I do love me some things that are made in the US of A, especially by a fellow military wife!). So each board has our duty stations (in chronological order), and then certain boards have different details (rings for where we got married, and blue footprints for where the boys were born in Seattle and Cape May). And best of all, plenty of room to add boards on the bottom for wherever we may transfer next if we stay in. It really couldn't have been crafted more professionally and I totally recommend her business.   

    

No comments:

Post a Comment