Friday, February 15, 2013

Shaken, Not Stirred

Let's geek out for a moment. 

I love James Bond. 

No I really do. I love the suit (especially when the suit is perfectly worn underneath some sort of scuba gear or sky diving outfit. I love the smooth innuendo comments. I love the Aston Martins. I pretty much love everything about James Bond. I love it enough that I keep my GPS voice as a British woman because I can pretend that it's "M" giving me important information. 

Okay that's only half the reason I keep it as a British woman. The American voice is also very annoying. 

Enough so that my hubby, who really knows me well, surprised me with Bond 50, which is all 22 Bond films on blu-ray in a sexy little box. And he ordered Skyfall too, because that didn't come with the collection (though there is a nice little slot open in the sexy box for Skyfall. 

My hubby really knows me too because he didn't order it on Amazon until after he told me, because he knew I would look at the recent orders and go "what the eff?"

Bond 50 came today. The box isn't just a lame flimsy cardboard box filled with sleeves of movies. It's a thick glossy Bond Box that holds two thick glossy gorgeous books, each "page" with four Bond movies inside (in chronological order). It's pretty. It's a collector's item. Or some sort of equal awesomeness. 

And thus starts a James Bond marathon, or Bondathon if you will, starting tonight with the first movie and going all through the weekend until we finish Skyfall. 

What better way to spend a three day weekend?

 

box on right, one of the books on left, second book open on bottom

 

No comments:

Post a Comment