Sunday, February 10, 2013

How Boys Garden

It was a balmy 36 degrees today, and there was no wind, and the sun was shining!

QUICK, grab a sweatshirt, get your shoes on, and get outside STAT! 

Okay so 36 is still really cold. But compared to the 20 degree days with 400mph winds lately, it was good enough for us to escape the confines of our house for once this winter.

Calen's favorite neighbor buddy was outside playing too. He pulled Calen and Cam around in the wagon, they rode scooters (well Kyle and Calen did, Cam just sat and watched and ate veggie chips). 

Then, Kyle and Calen came over to my extremely and totally dead plant in my front planter. I mean it's really dead. Like black and crunchy type of dead. And in true incredible boy fashion, Kyle says:

"Calen! Come sit on this bush and make butt-stains with me!"

And Calen did. And they sat on my dead plant and made butt-stains

And that's pretty much how little boys garden. They sit on dead plants. And laugh. And make butt-stains. 

Boys are wonderful and an incredible source of laughter and entertainment. 

Also: I have no idea what a "butt-stain" is. I'm assuming it's the indentation of their butts left in the dead bush. But that's about as much as I figured out. And I wasn't about to ask.  

Kyle and Calen sitting in my planter making "butt-stains".
 

No comments:

Post a Comment