Friday, February 22, 2013

Three Hundred and Sixty Five (Mission Complete)

It's official. I have blogged every single day, without missing one day, for an entire year. 

Confetti! Party horns! Symbols! Parades! Red Carpet!

And also, big breath of relief. 

The original challenge of blogging every day for 365 days sounded easy but was in reality extremely challenging. Some days, okay a lot of days, I was tired, or had nothing to write about, or was generally uninterested

But the challenge was in hopes of keeping family and friends (especially those across the country) feel connected with our little life (for better or worse) in this little shit hole dump state called New Jersey. And it seems that I succeeded in that aspect. And it seems that some people even actually enjoyed reading this silly little blog. 

And now, the challenge is OVER! Say your goodbyes sweetheart, I am outta here!

::sigh::. No, I'm not leaving. I wish I was. I am still here in this stupid state and thus the blog continues. And I'll bet that the blog will continue even if and when we move back to Seattle. If nothing else, it still keeps the family and friends and whatever other possibly important audience connected and amused. 

HOWEVER. 

This is no longer an every-day-without-fail-or-I-will-be-fed-to-panthers blog. I will post MOST days. I might even post every day. IF and only if I actually have something to write about. Ahhhh, you see? Your warranty just expired. Now I'm like your printer. I'll only work properly every other day or so. 

I say that, but I'm a creature of habit, and after a full year of blogging in the evening, chances are I won't know what to do with myself until I blog. In the end all I've done is given myself a nasty habit. 

------
So now for today's actual post. 

We played pirates today. We made a pirate ship out of the kids' sofas, dressed up as pirates, and colored a birthday card for "Jake" (from the Neverland Pirates on Disney Jr. Apparently his "birthday" is coming up) and made a happy birthday video for "Jake". And it was cute and pirate like. 

the boat

      

 

No comments:

Post a Comment