Monday, February 18, 2013

Five Hours of Freedom

It was a Mommy Needs A Day Out Or Mommy's Brain Is Going To Splatter All Over the Floor kind of day. 

It was apparently the same kind of day for my neighbor friend Marina. We needed to get out of the house. Away from the kids. Fast. Now. 

So Marina and I abandoned our families gave the Daddy's some quality time with the kids and spent the next five hours doing what mommy's without their kids do best: shopping for their kids of course. And also for themselves. 

It also happened to be a major retail holiday (because no one actually cares that it's some dead Presidents' birthdays, they just want a reason to go spend some money) so a lot of things were on awesome sale. So I got the boys (and me) some new Chucks. Which I intend to use for spring/Easter/birthday pics. And shorts and swim trunks and sandals and other spring like things. 

Maybe if I buy enough spring type items, spring will actually arrive. 

And we even got to have lunch alone without some tiny human begging for more juice, or needing 221 napkins, or knocking over my overflowing soda all over the table. 

Who needs the day spa when you can have a kid-free stress-free lunch and shopping trip, AND new shoes? 

My day in a nutshell. Delicious lunch and new shoes. And not a kid in sight.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment