Saturday, February 16, 2013

Let's Not And Say We Did

A lot of my friends with littles Camden's age (at or around or almost two) have been starting, or are in the process of, or are even done with potty training. 

Wow, good for you. No I mean really that's super awesome. I wish I could say that I was doing the same with Camden. I wish I could say I was even interested in starting with him. 

But I'm not. I hate potty training with a violent passion. It's something I'd love to pay some random professional to do for me. And Cam's not ready. He couldn't give a crap (no pun intended --  or maybe it was intended) if his diaper is dirty or not. Not even almost.

But at the same time, I'd sure love to not have to deal with diapers ever again.  

The boys were upstairs this evening and Calen was peeing in the toilet (with the door wide open, because he has no shame whatsoever). Camden was standing in the doorway staring at Calen doing his business. 

I thought maybe this could be an educational moment of sorts. Not potty training by any means, just a "hey look, this is what people do when they have to pee" kind of thing.

So once Calen was done, I took off Cam's pants and his diaper, and stood him in front of the toilet to see what might or might not happen. 

Camden bent slightly over, made two little fists and did a big long Huuuuuugh! grunt. He was clearly trying. 

But instead of peeing in the toilet, he pooped on the floor. And then looked at me. And then peed on his feet. 

And that was the end of that ridiculous social experiment. Maybe we'll start potty training in a few months. 

Or maybe we won't and say we did. 

Disclaimer: No, I'm not rushing to get him potty trained as is clearly stated in this blog entry. No I don't think there is a specific age that you should start or complete potty training by. No I don't care to know about your ultimately life-saving potty training tips. This was just a funny story. Not a statement. Get over yourselves. 

Also, I caught him sneaking a sucker WITH THE WRAPPER ON yesterday. Trouble.
 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment