Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Back In the Summer Saddle

I couldn't really ask for a nicer summer day today. It didn't get above 73 degrees (hey, in my Pacific Northwest mind, that's just a few degrees below perfect) and there was a nice constant breeze. We gave the middle finger to housework today (well I did...the kids didn't...obviously...) and played outside alllll day. 

outside fun
Cam is down with the cold that Brad has now (thanks for sharing!) so he took a FOUR AND A HALF HOUR NAP which meant lots of you-and-me time with Calen. We ate lunch on the deck and then pulled the pool out to the front yard so that he could splash and play with our neighbor boys Tyler and Kyle. 

Calen LOVES them. Especially Kyle (who's 7). He pretty much looks up to him like he's the big brother and does ANYTHING he does. Even splashing water over his head (those that know Calen know that he will NOT put water on his head for anyone -- except Kyle). 

Who needs the beach?  Kyle and Calen surfing in the pool. How the cool kids do it.

Then I spent the last like two hours researching little 50cc dirt bikes. I really want to get Calen one because I think it will help him with his self-confidence and give him something really fun to do in (almost) all seasons. I really don't want to pay the price. Even on Craigslist they are pricey. I made a couple offers that I'm pretty sure I'm going to get a big laugh over. Oh well, doesn't hurt to ask, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment