Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The OTHER Family Reunion

We forced the kids to deal with one more long car ride today for our last big visit of our trip here and went back to Leavenworth to see my grandparents and mom. But this time we were in for big surprise since my stepdad (who rarely comes) and my aunt (my mom's sister) AND my oldest cousin on that side of the family AND her four year old son were there too. Which basically meant we were only three people short of an entire family reunion on my mom's side. Totally unplanned.

Because we are just that awesome.

ALL of the great grandkids in one place with their happy meals
Calen really got along with his cousin Ryder. They played the whole time they were there out on the deck and exploring in the brush on the property and climbing big rocks. It was of course good to catch up with the taller family members as well.

My grandparents with two of their three great grandchildren




And because eastern Washington is still far superior in the weather department it was a gorgeous 80 degrees and sunny. Unlike the 50 degree rainy weather that we've had every.single.day since we got here. Really Seattle? It's June. In case you didn't notice.

It was a great visit and we were sad that it was only for one day, but I'm pretty sure if we did one more overnight stay somewhere else the kids' heads would literally explode and I'm not really ready for that type of biohazard cleanup.


Gramma (my mom) playing with Calen on the deck





No comments:

Post a Comment