Saturday, June 23, 2012

Travel Expenses

The day of travel is over and we have safely arrived back home in Dirty Jersey. And I'm not sure who is more relieved that the day is over, me, Brad, or the boys. And since everyone but me is already in bed, I'll take the Last Man(Woman) Standing Award, thank you.

We started at 5 in the freaking morning (Pacific Time) and everything at the airport went smoothly except for the fact that my awesome bottle of Soviet Leninade was considered "too big of a liquid" for a carry on (totally didn't have room to check it in the luggage) so they made me throw it away. Asswipes. 

The first flight was okay, but neither kid slept and it took a lot of patience and creative engineering to keep them quiet and occupied. Like watching Yo Gabba Gabba on the portable dvd player and having the boys take turns with the headphones. 

They really were good on that flight. People commented on how quiet they were. Probably because they were so infuriated with this douchebag who was allowing his maybe 2 year old to run up and down the aisles running into people and literally SCREAMING at strangers and the dad wasn't doing ANYTHING to stop it. Seriously, I was ready to shove that kid in the overhead compartment. And I think everyone would have cheered and bought me mini bottles of scotches. 

Luckily our layover was in Minneapolis again so we made a bee-line to the indoor playground and let the kids run themselves ragged. We bought like 193293 millions dollars worth of THREE lunches (why is airport food so expensive? It's not even good) and then we boarded our second flight in which both the kids slept the entire time. Bless them. 

The drive home was smooth except for a minor temper tantrum I threw over the $237 PARKING FEE we had to pay for leaving our car at the airport for 3 weeks. Really? It's a painted piece of pavement that was there already. It's like 400% profit. Now we're home and the house smells like dog hair and cat piss because I haven't cleaned the house in 3 weeks. But the neighbor girl did a great job of taking care of the house and our critters are alive and there isn't poop anywhere so that's good enough for me. 

There was also this horrifying bowl of potato salad from MEMORIAL DAY in my refrigerator that basically said "good evening" to me when I opened the lid to figure out what it was. Yikes. Note to self: REMEMBER to clean out the fridge before you leave for 3 weeks.

Big boy dragging his own bag


 

No comments:

Post a Comment