Sunday, June 24, 2012

Overclocking

You ever have those days where you wake up with a pretty good amount of energy and think "I am going to tackle everything TODAY so that I don't have to do anything else for the next several days", and then you attempt said feat, and by the end of the day you are a puddle of mush on the floor?

Yep, pretty much. That's me. Totally overclocked myself. 


I woke up to Hurricane Hansen inside this freaking house this morning. All of our shit suitcases from last night's trip were flung all over the house. You couldn't even see the dining room table and the amount of dust in the house (after 3 weeks of not dusting!) was enough to pretty much condemn the whole property. Plus Brad woke up sick so he was out of commission to help with the kids while I tackled this disaster. 

Perfect.

But since I am all that is awesome I assumed I could tackle it all before the day ended and have energy to spare. 

Because I'm a cocky, over-ambitious smartass.

I managed to tackle two-thirds of Mount Laundry (11 loads) and deep clean two rooms and unpack all the suitcases and slowly tidy things up and cook and clean up dinner before I ran out of energy and was ready to flop on the couch like a useless boob. Until I opened the fridge.

We have like, NO food. 

F*#$!

We also had like NO cat litter which spells cat poop disaster if I didn't do something about it immediately. Who cares if we starve to death, we need something for the cat to crap in! So at 8:45pm I drove to Petsmart to get some pine pellets for the litter box (And now a word from our sponsor: you can never go back to regular litter once you try the pellets!) only to realize that it's Sunday and they were closed. So I drove to Lowe's (wood stove pellets work too and are cheaper).

They were closed too! Eff me! I hate Sundays!


Luckily the grocery store was open and luckily they sell pine pellets. So I did some basic grocery shopping so that we could eat for the rest of the week too. We are planning on a ginormous Costco trip this week but none of us are ready for a car trip ANY time soon. 


I got home at 9:50 and totally threw ALL of the groceries (minus the cold stuff) on the kitchen counter to not deal with tonight. Then I toasted some Pop Tarts and plopped by ass on the couch to watch Deadliest Catch on Netflix. Screw anymore work tonight. 

(In other news, the kids had a blast playing at home today for a long-awaited day of relaxation)

Cam thinks no one can see him as he's playing Peek-A-Boo






   

No comments:

Post a Comment