Friday, March 2, 2012

The cheap alternative to Disneyland.

Calen's best friend is moving to another state in three weeks. I haven't told him yet but I'm not even sure he would understand what it would mean. So we try to spoil them as much as possible while they're together. 

Tonight we took them to the Yogo Factory after dinner AT bedtime to get frozen yogurt. Because we are clearly wild and out of control parents. And then once they got all sugared up and morphed them into squealing rabid baboons we took them to the dollar store to go wild in the toy aisle. Calen picked out the stupidest looking wooden ambulance ever, but he HAD TO HAVE IT BECAUSE IT WAS THE BEST TOY HE'S EVER SEEN IN HIS LIFE THE LAST FIVE MINUTES of course. And both he and Mason picked out matching yellow firemen hats. In the next aisle, we found MONSTER TRUCK birthday plates/cups/hats/etc that of course Calen flipped his fireman lid over, because he wants a monster truck birthday cake for his party in a couple weeks. 

Children quickly morphing into baboons via sugar infusion

Party supplies, an ambulance and a firehat combined with frozen yogurt, my boy's night was magical.

I could take my almost-3 year old to Disneyland. (or I guess DisneyWORLD, because it's a shorter flight. I guess). I could spend 2 grand on plane tickets, a few hundred on a car rental, a thousand on hotel (or so), however much admission costs, food, Mickey Mouse ears, 80 dollar sweatshirts and horrifying Kermit balloons (oh wait, that's Muppets isn't it), stay for a week, come home and spend the next four years paying it off. And it would be MAGICAL.

Or, I can drive one exit up the parkway, spend $6 at Yogo and $2 at the dollar store. And it was MAGICAL. I LOVE this age.


(yes I know Disney is all that is awesome and every kid should have the privilege to experience it and if I don't take my kids to Disney my heart will rot out and baby Jesus will cry and manatees will go extinct. And BEFORE you send that hate-mail Brad and I are planning on taking the boys in 2013 or early 2014. Get over your life).

However all is NOT great with the world. I had two helpings of dinner, chips and salsa, and then cheesecake yogurt with fruit toppings afterwards. My stomach is going to implode and I'm eating so many Tums I might as well put them in a bowl and pour some milk over them. So not much else to talk about tonight, unless you want me to blog about heartburn and Gas-X, which I think if I talk about too much I might upchuck, and I've already blogged about bodily fluids in the last week.

Simple things that make little boys happy. Like plastic fireman hats


 

No comments:

Post a Comment