Tuesday, March 27, 2012

You At Three

My little boy turned 3 today.

First of all: ::sobs, cries, wails, snot runs down my shirt, wipes nose, shakes it off::

Okay.

Second of all, I'm not sure who is more birthday'd out: Calen, or ME. I am completely and totally exhausted. And he didn't even have his party today! Between not getting much sleep the night before, getting up early and cooking birthday pancakes (I don't cook in the morning usually), listening to Calen BEG me to open his presents (and when I said he had to wait until daddy got home from work, it started a "where's DADDY at???" every 5 minutes for the next six hours), McDonald's for dinner and then cleaning up all of the wrapping paper, boxes, new toys etc and putting an especially overtired and cranky now-3 year old to bed.


This is what a hyper 3 year old that was just told he can FINALLY open his presents looks like

Today's post is a little different. I thought it would be fun to log all of his current loves and favorites. I've seen lots of "interviews" with kids on their birthdays to hear about what they're into that year and all that. #1) Calen won't sit in front of the camera long enough, and #2) he probably wouldn't bother answering my questions anyways, so I figured I'll just save a lot of time and energy and do it MYSELF. 

So here is Calen, at age 3.





Because NO little kid's birthday is complete with a happy meal

1) Favorite toys that he plays with EVERY DAY without fail: Thomas trains (the metal ones, and train table), matchbox cars, monster trucks, Lego Duplos

2) Favorite tv shows/movies: Thomas the Train, Yo Gabba Gabba, Caillou, Cars, Toy Story, Land Before Time

3) Favorite foods: Graham crackers, pizza, cheeseburgers, fruit (of any kind, but especially mandarin oranges), PB&J sandwiches, apple sauce, yogurt. And for dessert: popsicles/otter pops and ice cream.

4) Favorite activities: playing in the sandbox, reading books, going to the beach, toddler gym, going to the playground, playing with friends

5) Funny sayings he uses: "this is PERFECT! (about everything. "these shoes are perfect!" "This monster truck is perfect!" etc). "It hurts YOU" (he means "me"), ending just about every noun with an "s"

6) Favorite animals: dogs, cats, hippopotamus, dinosaurs (they're animals, right??)

7) Lovies that he HAS to sleep with: yellow blankie (old - it was Brad's, ugly, not soft, falling apart, but he loves it), stuffed puppy (that was actually a hot water bottle holder but the bottle was removed and he fell in love with it), stuffed hippo, "Spike" - a musical dog, and whatever the ESSENTIAL toy train, car or monster truck is that day.

8) things he HATES: getting dirty (seriously. He loves to play in the dirt but then flips out when he realizes that his hands are gross and DEMANDS a napkin), having his picture taken (in order to get him to smile I have to say "hey, let me see your teeth real quick!"), sharing with brother, eating vegetables, having his hair washed, going to the doctor.

And that's pretty much all I can think of for now. I'm turning into a puddle of tired brain dead mush on the couch so I'm going to throw on Netflix and decompress (and demand a massage from certain husbands).

Because I'm sure everyone wants to waste ten minutes of your precious time to look at pictures of MY kids, here is our annual slideshow of Calen's 3rd year here.

Happy 3rd birthday to my adorable sweet drives-me-bananas-but-I-love-every-minute-of-it man!






 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment