Saturday, March 3, 2012

Saturday Night Fever!

Saturday night in our house is usually Wawa night. Brad and I spend all week counting calories, exercising (okay fine. Brad is usually the one that exercises. Way to blow my cover) and eating as healthy as we can without filing Chapter 13 bankruptcy. Saturday nights, we put the kids down for bed, then do a violent round of rock paper scissors to decide who will drive to Wawa. And I already know what you West Coasters are thinking.


Wawa? What is that?? Are you wailing? Did you acquire a stutter? Is it Indian?

Wawa is only the best convenience store on Earth, my uneducated friends. It's all your modern necessities at 7-11, but then it goes far beyond the call of duty by offering cheap delicious coffee in a thousand different flavors/blends/whatever coffee people call it, AND the best part of Wawa: The hoagie center.

Think Subway meets Bank of America. You walk up to an ATM looking machine and order...via touch screen awesomeness. Push a button here for pickles. Push here for tomatoes. Push here to toast your sandwich. Push here to print a receipt. And the best part is you don't have to TALK.TO.ANYONE. Which is a personal victory to me because #1 I dislike people, and #2 at Subway, when I talk to PEOPLE they always screw up my order in some form or fashion. NO excuses messing up a sandwich at Wawa when the people are reading off a computer! 

Not that they don't still make mistakes. But at least I can blame dyslexic New Jersey natives that didn't pass English.

Back to what I was saying. Wawa is the best place ever and every Saturday night we go there after the kids go to bed and buy JUNK FOOD(!!!!!!). Yep, those are our wild weekend nights. Potato chips and pints of Ben and Jerry's. Down boy, down.

We haven't gone to Wawa yet tonight (ummm HELLO It's 8:20 let's get this show on the ROAD!), but I had some leftover Cherry Garcia ice cream in my freezer from last week. I was delighted because I thought hey I can be lazy and still have my junk food! But I opened it up and it wasn't just freezer burned, it had ICE FORMATIONS on the top. Not like a crystal here or there. A developing GLACIER. I thought this freezer was self-defrosting. Poor Ben and Jerry clearly didn't get the message.

Off to Wawa I go. 

Ice sculptures in my Ben and Jerry's

This picture doesn't do it justice. Mainly because I'm still struggling with manual mode on my camera and it was focusing on the wrong thing. But clearly, those are ice FORMATIONS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment